Wednesday, July 30, 2008

steal your mind~

I received my Apple orders in the mail yesterday via Fedex. I am simply blown away by Fedex's services! I ordered my MacBook on Sunday night and it came Tuesday morning. o.o I ordered posters from Amazon 18 days ago and they still haven't arrived!

Apple...wow...despite my previous grievances against the company (the transition between the PC and the Apple was incredibly arduous and painful for me), I have to admit that they don't do anything half-assed. Even their packaging is creative. I can only imagine the time and thought they spend in designing one product. Which is why now I've kind of become a fervent supporter of Apple and hiss angrily whenever I see Apple product knockoffs. -_-;; I mean, so much thought goes into the design and then when you have a company that sells the same design-except with a twist- it seems unethical. It's design-plagiarism!!

These photos are from a street vendor in Thailand (courtesy of Flckr):




Apparently this brand's an authentic Japanese brand but one look can tell you that it's a Ipod copycat:


On a certain level, I can understand it and why people opt to buy the cheaper knockoffs. I mean, it's the same with fashion. If you're a college student, you obviously can't get afford that black quilted chanel clutch but if Forever21 carries it and sells it for $24, you'd buy it in a heartbeat.

And yes, I ended up getting the plum Incase for my laptop...I'll post photos of my MacBook later. *reserved spot*

3 comments:

Paris Tarts said...

Cute :)

Tart

Nancy said...

I wanted a Mac book for college but they're a little pricey. :(
No H&M in two months?! The very thought makes me cringe ><

Couture Carrie said...

Hmmm . . . knock-offs are okay; fakes are not. Congrats on the new gear!