Sunday, July 6, 2008

lego rings~~ ahh, bringing back memories of our youth






So I was browsing through a tech forum when I stumbled upon this work of genius: a Lego-inspired ring! I find this piece of jewelry both clever and awesome because it's recycling Lego pieces that could otherwise be junk. I'm getting really inspired by all these 'eco-friendliness on a daily basis'- this may be part of the reason why I find these Lego jewelry so quaint.

There's also certainly a deeper aspect of it that really got me. Remember when you're little and you play with Lego toys, transforming robots, Furby toys, TY stuffed beanies? And all of a sudden, bam! You hit a stage in your life when you no longer play with them. Is it because others don't or because you find interest in other things? Here's another question: do we outgrow toys or do they outgrow us?

Anyways, the fact that fashion often blurs the lines between childhood and adulthood is the source of my fascination with it. In fashion, you can find a place where your inner kid can frolick about. It's as if you really never did grow up...

You can also find Lego-earrings. These Brickwall jewelry are available on Giant Robot and Etsy.


3 comments:

laura said...

cute, I think I might just sort through the piles of legos in my brother's room in search of some diy jewelry.

polkadotqueen said...

xD But it's not really worth the money. Apparently it's 3 for $80. o.o

Unknown said...

Have you seen Emiko Oye's lego jewelry on ObjectFetish.com?
It is incredible. Check it out!
http://www.objectfetish.com/jewelry/emiko-oye-v-61.html